Joining TEI’s Online Meetings and Courses
TEI welcomes participants from around the world in its online programs. Please read over the suggestions and guidelines below to help us provide you with the optimal experience.
This event will utilize WebEx, which is available through most web browser programs.
System and software updates can occasionally disrupt your experience in online meetings. Please run any system updates on your computer one day in advance of the event. Some corporate or government computer systems may require IT department permissions to update the software, so update in advance to avoid any unexpected delays.
Also, you may be asked to install a small add-on from Cisco. Our participants have found that installing this plug-in has provided them with a smoother webcast experience. Here is a document explaining the download process of the WebEx plug-in for first time users.
Cisco provides a useful WebEx Testing Page on their website for testing your computer’s connectivity in advance of a meeting. We strongly recommend that you visit their page to test out your microphone, video, software, and connection in advance.
Please plan to log into the system 15 minutes before the start of the event.
Where Do I Log In?
The link to the WebEx classroom will be sent out a week before the meeting.
- Follow the link sent from TEI.
- Enter your name and email address, and then click the green “Join” button.
- WebEx will invite you to install an add-on to your browser. If you prefer not to, scroll to the bottom of the page and click the link to “Run a temporary application” to join this meeting.
- Your computer may ask if you trust the webex.exe file. All users must run either a temporary or permanent .exe add-on in order to join the meeting.
- If your browser does not automatically open the webex.exe file, you may need to double-click on the file at the bottom of your browser, or open it from your “Downloads” folder.
- A new window will open, showing you the meeting room.
When you arrive in the meeting room, a dialog box will appear on the left side asking if you prefer to use your computer’s microphone or if you would like to connect with a phone. Please choose your computer’s microphone.
On the far right side of the screen is a small microphone icon. Test your mic first to make sure you can be heard.
After you have checked your microphone, please mute it again to minimize any background noise by clicking on the microphone icon.
Here are some pointers to remember before joining the meeting:
- Close out of any programs or software on your machine that use a lot of memory and/or bandwidth (i.e., email clients like Outlook, streaming video, multiple internet windows, etc.).
- Make sure you’re in a quiet space or use a headset that you have pretested with WebEx.
- Make sure to plug your headset into your computer before you log into the meeting space.
- If your internet is connected via WiFi, keep your cell phone at a distance or turn it off so there is minimal interference.
In case of a real-time difficulty with WebEx, please private message the moderator of your online course.
WebEx Help Page: https://help.webex.com/community/training-center